Whova is hiring a full-time Staff Accountant who will help with reconciliation, financial reports, billing/invoicing, bookkeeping, etc. 2-3 years of accounting experience are highly desired.
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova event management software and services to support events, conferences, and expos globally everyday.
Whova is a fast-growing company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vetafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc. We are proud to recieve the San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in San Diego award, 5 years in a row. We also won the Fastest Growing Private Companies award for 3 years. More recently, we won Event Technology Awards’ Best Product Team Award, and Global Top Rated Product in 2022. Currently, we are named as G2’S Global Top 50 Best Software for 2022.
How You will Make an Impact
- Responsible for month-end closing, reconciliation, financial reports, deferred revenue, journal entries, and bookkeeping
- Ensure revenue recognition is accurate and compliant with GAAP
- Process the day-to-day AP/AR (invoicing, billing)
- Assist on sales commission calculation, expense tracking and analysis
- Handle inquiries from the sales team and customers regarding invoices, contracts, payments, and anything related to finance
- Play an active role in finding potential issues, staying up-to-date with and applying new compliance, and ensuring the accuracy of various financial reports including tax-related documents
- Perform additional duties and assignments that help ensure a smooth and efficient business process. Assist on HR/ office administration occasionally, including but not limited to company event planning, financial planning for benefits, vendor relation, etc.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Organized, attention-to-detail, self-disciplined, and self-learning
- Discreet and professional demeanor; displays sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Proactive, initiative, and collaborative
- Strong work ethic with a high desire to accomplish assigned objectives successfully
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment with well-honed time-management skills
What You will Gain
- Salary: $40K-$90K per year, based on accounting and financial analysis for a software company, deferred revenue management, revenue projection and expenditure forecasting, tax return preparation, etc.
- Health benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k after 6 months
- 3 weeks paid time off, 3 days paid sick leave, paid holidays
- Fast-growing career potential
- Great work-life balance
- In-office gym
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative office environment
- Pizza Thursdays, working from home every Friday
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter, describing qualifications in detail (firstname.lastname@example.org)